Take a small, everyday little problem. A loose thread on your clothes maybe. The more you hassle with it, the wore it gets. Soon you’ve ruined a seam or pulled off a button.
Work problems can be like that too. Yet research shows that mental skills such as insight and curiosity beat sheer effort every time. Even when faced with important complex issues.
Instead of beavering away without a break, step back, relax and try to look for a new and perhaps surprising approach.
You’ll be surprised how quickly things click into place.
You will also like
- 6 Tips to stay mentally strong during the lockdownHow to stay mentally strong during the lockdown: Working on a big project? Break it into chunks and set a deadline for each one. Stay …
- Innovation, a book for your bookshelfA book about innovation. Practical advices on how to get management to appreciate the value of ideas in the pursuit of customer satisfaction.
- For solving problems, ingenuity is more powerful than effortResearches show that mental skills such as insight and curiosity beat sheer effort every time. Even when faced with complex problems.
- Now, you need your emotional intelligence skills more than everA restaurant’s employee had given an extra care treatment to a customer. This act of Emotional Intelligence can create unexpected benefits.
- The herd instinct for animals can be a life-saverThe Herd instinct for animals to behave in the same way can be a life-saver. But, as humans we have a distinct advantage.
- After the pandemic, which businesses will thrive?Based on the latest research, which businesses will thrive after the pandemic? What are the reasons for it?