Note that we avoided the word ‘failures’. If you’re looking for success in life, you should always play to win. Which means you must continue to take calculated risks.
Playing to win, as opposed to playing not to lose, may result in overconfidence, which makes you vulnerable to counterattack from your competitors. Competition is a challenge, not a threat. Not winning is an opportunity to learn and grow, not to give in to anger and despair.
Win or lose, the long term goal is improvement.
You will also like
- 6 Tips to stay mentally strong during the lockdownHow to stay mentally strong during the lockdown: Working on a big project? Break it into chunks and set a deadline for each one. Stay …
- Innovation, a book for your bookshelfA book about innovation. Practical advices on how to get management to appreciate the value of ideas in the pursuit of customer satisfaction.
- For solving problems, ingenuity is more powerful than effortResearches show that mental skills such as insight and curiosity beat sheer effort every time. Even when faced with complex problems.
- Now, you need your emotional intelligence skills more than everA restaurant’s employee had given an extra care treatment to a customer. This act of Emotional Intelligence can create unexpected benefits.
- The herd instinct for animals can be a life-saverThe Herd instinct for animals to behave in the same way can be a life-saver. But, as humans we have a distinct advantage.
- After the pandemic, which businesses will thrive?Based on the latest research, which businesses will thrive after the pandemic? What are the reasons for it?